The electronic control board controls the defrost system in that model of refrigerator so it doesn’t have an electro-mechanical timer for defrost. Here’s the procedure to use the forced defrost mode:
- Hold the refrigerator door light switch closed.
- Press the Refrigerator Temperature DOWN /- keypad 3 times consecutively.
Note: The 3 keystrokes must be consecutive and within 10 seconds.
- Release the refrigerator door light switch.
- The control will display F- d to confirm entry into the Forced Defrost Mode.
- Entry is confirmed by pressing the Refrigerator Temperature DOWN /- key once more. The unit is off and in
the Defrost Mode.
Note: All control functions will be turned off (Compressor, Defrost, Evaporator Fan, the damper will remain in its
- The control will default to the short run period test.
Note: You can toggle between the S Short and L Long test mode by pressing the Refrigerator Temperature UP /+
Key. Long Test mode is used for factory test and should not be used in the field.
- Once the desired mode is displayed, confirm the forced defrost by pressing the Refrigerator Temperature
DOWN /- Key once. The defrost will begin immediately and the display will return to a normal operating display
with set point values.
- Close the Refrigerator door(s). You are in the defrost mode.
Note: Forced Defrost mode can be exited at any time prior to step 7 by closing the Refrigerator Door(s).
The above is from fixya.com.